Copyright 1999-2009 4seasons Photography. All rights reserved.
Horticultural Stock Photography, Design and Printing Service for Full Color Business Cards and Postcards, Seasonal Photo Greeting Cards, Event Photography and Oscars Pre-Event Coverage, Celebrities' Charities
HILLARY CLINTON FUNDRAISER
AT THE HOLLYWOOD HOME OF
DIRECTOR ROLAND EMMERICH
JUNE 22, 2007
How about another
White House Clinton Era?
Just imagine having two popular, qualified and experienced leaders, working hand in hand, back in the White House. Considering that the U.S. is in dire need of a super-strong leadership that is capable of healing this nation, reviving diplomatic relationships around the globe and repairing the extensive damages the Bush administration has caused, it might indeed take two strong leaders to accomplish this difficult task.
Former U.S. President Bill Clinton could put his popularity to use and travel the world to mend relations with foreign state leaders, who have clearly distanced them-
selves from the USA due to the irrespon-
sible actions of the current government..
Former First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton would take care of all the domestic issues and glue this shattered nation back together.
Sure sounds like a great plan to me!
After being stuck in a typical LA traffic jam and attending the 75th U.S. Conference of Mayors meeting in Los Angeles and receiving the endorsements of 34 current and former California mayors, including Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, Hillary Clinton made her way to the LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender) fundraiser event at the private home of Director Roland Emmerich in Hollywood. The Senator first greeted the VIP guests in the upper section of the estate and then moved on to the pool area to address the approximately 250 supporters who have gathered to meet the former First Lady. Hillary Clinton's main topic that night was the discrimination of gays and lesbians and their (mostly lost) rights, which she is fighting to restore.
Topics of her speech
- Most of us had no idea, that reading skills and overall performance of 3rd grade students would serve as base to calculate future prison expansion or prison bed additions!
- Despite her husband writing the "Don't Ask Don't Tell" policy into law, Hillary Clinton now denounces it and clearly states: "It does not work!" She indicates, that it doesn't just hurt gays and lesbians, but it hurts all U.S. troops. Clinton believes that the U.S. must make it safer for openly gay and lesbian military service members to safely serve their country.
- She praises California for its leading role nationwide in the fight against global warming. She announces, that California is the only state in the U.S. that has successfully maintained energy conservation since the Energy Crisis in the 70s, while the rest of the Nation's per capita consumption has increased by 50%. Like our parents, she urges: "Turn off the Lights when leaving a room! It will make a difference!"
- She also told a story about former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright's trip to Europe to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the end of World War II. "Everywhere she went, she saw American flags, but when she looked more closely she realized the flags had only 48 stars and she asked people 'Where did these flags come from?' And everyone told her the same thing. When the American GI's liberated Europe they passed out these flags (and of course this was before Hawaii and Alaska were states)" Clinton said. The flags had been passed down from generation to generation "at great risk" as treasured keepsakes from Europeans who were liberated by Americans. Clinton adds: "I want to be the President that restores that feeling around the world. And, equally important, I want to restore that feeling here at home."
Hillary Clinton's Agenda:
* Strengthening the Middle Class
* Providing Affordable and Accessible
* Ending the War in Iraq
* Promoting Energy Independence and
Fighting Global Warming
* Fulfilling the Promises to Veterans
* Supporting Parents and Caring
* Restoring America's Standing
in the World
* A Champion for Women
* Comprehensive Government Reform
* Strengthening the U.S. Democracy
Hillary Clinton gives a passionate and informative speech, which is often interrupted by approving applaud from the crowd.
Hillary Clinton - Stylish and Beautiful
For this event the Senator chose to wear a coral- or framboise-colored blazer over a top of the same color and black slacks.
A necklace with pearls matching the color of her outfit completes the youthful and simple yet elegant look.
I'm thrilled and honored, that Hillary Clinton and I have one person in common: Celebrity Hair Stylist and "Shear Genius" Guest Judge Roy Teeluck, owner of the Roy Teeluck Salon, New York (read related story).
Above: Hillary Clinton takes questions from the audience and then greets each guest personally.
Right: While I shake hands with Hillary Clinton, the only thing I said at that moment was a sincere and grateful "Thank you", and I guess, I will have to elaborate on that in an e-mail to her later (I'm subscribed to her newsletter).
At some point in her speech, while trying to point out the difference and simplify the complexity of medical cost calculation in the U.S. and Europe she acknowledges my nodding and says: "I see, you're nodding so you probably understand what I'm talking about".
Unlike the United States, European Health Insurance Premiums do not contain the cost of medical research, which is one of the keys to affordable Health Insurance. In the U.S. the premiums are calculated not only on services rendered and goods provided, but members also carry the cost of medical research, even unsuccessful projects! While the rest of the world then profits from these results, the American people struggle with increasing health care premiums, which have almost doubled in the past six years. Nearly 45 million Americans, including 9 million children, do not have health insurance!
$250 for "young professionals", $500 for "supporters", $1,000 for "friends" and $2,300 for "sponsors".
Among the largely entertainment industry party-goers were straights such as Marisa Tomei and Ken Olin and his wife Patricia Wettig from ABC's Brothers & Sisters, as well as gays including actor / writer David Marshall Grant, and singer / entrepreneur Todd Murray.
A Story of Prejudice
Hillary Clinton recounts a story of her father, who grew up in Scranton, PA with, sad to say, typical rural prejudices, very common among proud WASPs at the time. After his stroke, she and Bill moved her parents to a condo in Arkansas to live more closely to take care of them. Her parents' next-door neighbors were two gay men (L. and D.), a couple, who, poignantly enough, met while serving in Vietnam. Hillary's parents became very fond of them, and the men looked over her parents and cared for them as if they were their own kin. One day, her father was watching TV with his wife and saw some footage of a gay couple. He exclaimed, "Why do these people have to do this? It's not right!" In effect he made it very clear that his prejudice was alive and kicking. His wife turned to him and innocently asked: "You mean, people like L. and D.?" He irritatingly responded: "What on earth do L. and D. have to do with this?" So she sweetly explained: "Well - let me tell you a little bit about L. and D. ..." [laughter from the audience]
Hillary explains that her father was completely unaware, but his prejudice toward gay people now had faces, and they were faces of two men he had grown very fond of. After a massive second stroke he was hospitalized and her mother, L. and D. took turns being at his bedside. He later died in the hospital, holding one of these men's caring hands.
Chad Griffin, political consultant and Clinton White House insider
Photographer was on assignment for "German World Magazine" - Photos taken with small compact camera
Just next door to Andrew who provided my beloved Strizzi-Cat with a most beautiful final resting place on his premises, lives director / writer / producer Roland Emmerich, best known for his movies such as "The Day After Tomorrow", "Independence Day" and "Godzilla".
Today, his home served as location for a fundraiser for Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton. The lush gardens and the unique building made a perfect backdrop for the presidential candidate and the many guests seemed to enjoy the privilege of setting foot on this private property. Unfortunately Roland Emmerich was not able to attend the event, but he was represented by his lovely sister and partner / producer Ute Emmerich and her husband Faber Dewar, who is a furniture maker and a carpenter on the Hit TV Show "Trading Spaces". (photo left).
Roland Emmerich, who originally wanted to become a set designer, has turned his home into a show room for all sorts of memorabilia he collected while traveling the world. The many different styles make this a truly unique home.